EAFE CONFERENCE 2019
Santiago de Compostela
2-4 April 2019
Gonzalo Rodriguez (USC), Leyre Goti (TI), Ignacio Llorente (UC), Nathacha Carvalho (JRC), Bertrand Le Gallic (UBO)
For online registration, please click on https://www.eafeconference2019.eu/registration.php
Call for abstract is now closed
Themes of the Sessions (regular and special sessions)
- Implementation of the CFP: Landing Obligation; Quota management in mixed fisheries – assessing value of the quota and fleet-fishery dependence; Impact assessment of management plans; Incorporating stakeholders in fisheries management; Brexit, Regional approaches in the seafood sector (including e.g. input-output analysis; regionalization, etc…)
- Access to fisheries and the right to fish; Internationalization of quotas and fishing fleet ownership; Long-distance fisheries
- Markets and marketing of fish products; Market benefits from eco-labelling/certification
- Aquaculture: Best practices in management and commercialization; Costs and benefits of aquaculture regulations in Europe
- Economics of climate change in fisheries
- The role of Small-Scale Fisheries
- Legal aspects of fisheries management (processes, impacts; consistency with commercial laws)
- IUU fishing
- Blue Economy / Blue growth
- EMFF, WTO, SDG & Subsidies Reform
- Social dimensions (including e.g. Collection of social data, the use of off-shore contracts in EU fisheries)
- Recreational fisheries
- Interdisciplinarity (and the Integrated Ecosystem Assessments)
- ICES WGECON: new Working Group, needs and priorities
for the time being
- Alicia Villauriz, Spanish General Secretary of Agriculture and Fisheries
- Bernhard Friess, Director of the Directorate "Maritime Policy and Blue Economy" - DG MARE
- Elena Ojea, University of Vigo.
- Angel Matamoros, Pescanova.
Dates01/04/2019. Reception cocktail.
02-04/04/2019. Conference sessions.
05/04/2019. Social programme.
There are three different airports in Galicia in the following cities: Santiago de Compostela, A Coruña and Vigo.
Santiago de Compostela Airport offers a total of 19 connections with the following cities: Alicante, Amsterdam, Barcelona, Basel, Bilbao, Frankfurt, Fuerteventura, Geneva, Gran Canaria, Lanzarote, London, Madrid, Málaga, Milano, Palma de Mallorca, Paris, Roma, Sevilla, Tenerife and Valencia. You can check the destinations on the following interactive map.
The distance from the airport to the city center is approximately 15 km. You can either catch a taxi to the city center (21 euros approx.) or the Faculty of Geograpy; or a bus to the city center (3 euros single ticket, 5.10 euros return ticket; about 40 minutes). You can also rent a car.
A Coruña Airport connects Coruña to the following cities: Barcelona, Lisbon, London, Madrid, Sevilla and Valencia. You can check the destinations on the following interactive map. There is a distance of approximately 57 km from this airport to Santiago. You can rent a car and use the following route to get to Santiago’s city center.
An alternative solution could be to catch the airport bus (1.5 euros single ticket; about 30 minutes) or a taxi to the train station (15 euros aprox.). From there, there are trains available almost every hour. The schedule can be checked here.
The following connections are available at Vigo Airport: Barcelona, Bilbao, Lisbon and Madrid. You can check the destinations on the following interactive map. There is a distance of approximately 92 km from this airport to Santiago.
Another possible way of getting to Santiago would be catching the airport bus (1.5 euros; 40 minutes approx.) or a taxi to the train station (about 20 euros). From there, there are trains available almost every hour. The schedule can be checked here.
An additional alternative for getting to Santiago is Oporto International Airport that it´s currently served by 23 airlines and has direct connections with most European main cities. The airport it´s 220 km from Santiago and the best way to came to Santiago it´s probably to rent a car.
This transportation is run by Renfe. Direct daily trains are available from Madrid, Barcelona, San Sebastián and Hendaye, as well as from some spots in Galicia as mentioned before. In order to arrive from other places such as Bilbao, Paris and Oporto among others, there are trains available but a transfer is required. For more information, consult the possible routes here.
It takes about 15 minutes to go from the train station to the Faculty of Geograpy by foot; and about 5 minutes by car or taxi (both available at the train station).
Santiago offers a wide range of accommodation from boutique hotels to apartments and university residences. Hotel rooms are available through general sites such as Booking, Hotelius, Destinia, Trivago, etc. Also, the local touristic service has a webpage with a lot of information regarding accommodation facilities.
The conference will be held in the Faculty of Geography of the University of Santiago the Compostela. The faculty is in the old town that has been declared World Heritage Site by UNESCO.
Plenary sessions will be held in the Paraninfo of the University
ACCOMMODATIONNH OBRADOIRO HOTEL*****
Burgo das Nacións Avenue (17 minutes walking)
Double Room, single use, BB: 112,20 €
Double Room, double use, BB 123,20 €
SAN FRANCISCO HOTEL****
Campillo de San Francisco St (9 minutes walking)
Double Room, single use, BB: 126,50 €
Double Room, double use, BB 143,00 €
AC PALACIO DEL CARMEN HOTEL****
Oblatas St, (15 minutos walking)
Double Room, single use, BB: 116,60 €
Double Room, double use, BB 127,60 €
VIRXE DA CERCA HOTEL****
Virxe da Cerca St (2 minutes walking)
Double Room, single use, BB: 69,75 €
Double Room, double use, BB 89,75 €
MIRADOR DE BELVIS HOTEL***
Trompas St (4 minutes walking)
Double Room, single use, BB: 44.45 €
Double Room, single use, BB: 52.90 €
Doutor Teijeiro St (6 minutes walking)
Double Room, single use, BB: 78 €
Doutor Teijeiro St (6 minutes walking)
Double Room, single use, BB: 39 €
Double Room, double use, BB 49 €
SAN MARTIN PINARIO HOTEL
Inmaculada Square (6 minutes walking)
Double Room, single use, BB: 62,00 €
Double Room, double use, BB 75,00 €
CASA DE EUROPA
Salvadas St (16 minutes walking)
Double Room, single use, BB: 65,97 €
Double Room, double use, BB 84.49 €
All rates taxes 10% included